Google Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pier-i A Getaway from the City



After hanging out The Central Park Boathouse (the ill cake-mode spot, fellas), I rolled over with my girl to my getaway spot on the Upper West Side.  The spot is called Pier-I  located on 70th street and the West End.  Sandwiched in between the Trump Towers residential skyline and the Hudson River, this place is a striking juxtaposition of the epitome of capitalism and  the edge of tranquility.  You can cop a bucket of coronas and some eats and watch the sun set over Jersey.

The spot is great.  I got a Corona and some fries and we pregamed for dinner for about an hour.  Despite being near the Trump towers, the scene is far from pretentious. You'll find runners and bike riders  who stop to relax, grad students looking for a tranquil place to study, and people who just want to get away from the commotion of the city.  

No comments:

Post a Comment