Google Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Asiate Restaurant in the Mandarin Oriental - Only if You Wanna Say it with Your Chest!

Asiate - Mandarin Oriental - 80 Columbus Circle at 60th Street

After a long and hard three years of starts and stop, I finally got the GMAT score that I needed earlier this summer.  I am excited to apply to business school this fall and I've worked hard.  Given it coincided with the birthday of a friend, I decided to celebrate and hit this place up.  What ensued was, perhaps, the most lavish dinner I've ever been experienced (well Philippe Chao back in 2006 was probably the most lavish), but it was worth every penny.  I mean, I didn't even do this during my days on the Street. I was shook to even take pictures because the place was so classy.  Since it happened so long ago, I don't really remember what I ate.  All I know is that it was 7-course pre-fixe meal with 7 different wine pairings.  I ain't care. I'd do it again, but not for another 5 years. Don't judge me :)  You gotta live your life, always.

The following are just a few pics from what I ate.  I missed like half of the meals before I mustered up the confidence to snap the rest.



Different types of seared tuna




I wanna say this lobster mashed potatoes and shitake mushrooms




Chilled Soba Noodles and a Soft Boiled Quail Egg 
 




That good 'ol Wagyu Beef





Dessert looked like art!




Birthday chocolate dish was mad tasty.





Chocolate-covered strawberries in something like crystallized coconut shavings




We shut the place down. 

Total cost? Let's just say that I pop food to celebrate while people of my generation pop bottles.  Only go here if you have reason to celebrate - like being done with the GMAT and a birthday - and ONLY if you really wanna say it witch Yo CHEST!



Maven Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment