Google Search

Custom Search

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Brunch at Eatery: A+ Brunch

Eatery - 798 Ninth Ave. at 53rd St.



It was 11:15am and I had just finished playing some ball.  My team had lost the series 3-1 and I was heated.  There's nothing like losing a basketball game.  I hate it.  Filled with wrath, I had all but made up my mind to go and pump some iron when my boys said that magic words...

"Brunch."

"I can work out after," I said to myself.

Eatery is probably one of the most-well known Brunch spots in all of New York City.  Though a certified brunch spot, this place gets poppin' at 11am! Peep:

Jumpin.





Since we didn't have a reservation, we sat the bar and proceeded to negate our 2-hr workout starting with this fancy dish:

Eatery's Mac and Jack - heavy cream, pepper jack cheese with frizzled onions. As los Dominicanos say, "Bahng!"


Our appetizer was the famous "Mac and Jack." The name of this dish sounds like either a move that former WWF wrestler Rowdy Roddy Piper used to use or the latest dance move.  Either way, this dish body slams you with flavorful accents that pop in your mouth (full stop).

Feeling a bit experimental, we added bacon and mushrooms to the dish, which made this joint crack.  I learned somethin' about mack and cheese:  you can either let the cheese be the center of attention or you could use a less flavorful cheese and add ingredients that get it crackin 4real!  All of my boys agreed that the bacon was definitely the highlight of dish.  Furthermore, the macaroni was not overcooked, so you could actually taste the consistency.  The mushrooms were a bit of a gamble, but the risk paid off; it was my bootleg version of truffle mac and cheese.  Lastly, Eatery sprinkled a ton of cheese on top and baked it over.  It was the best mac I've have in a while.

Entrees...

Pulled Pork Tostada - with Fried Eggs, Monterey Jack and Poblano Relish - most flavorful entree due to the sweet Poblano relish. The toasted tortilla was also a welcomed addition, helping to gather the relish.


Chef's Frittata of the Day - I didn't get a chance to try, but my boy mirked the entire thing.



House Buttermilk Pancakes with wheat bread.



While Corey attempted valiantly, the pancakes whooped his butt.  Nevertheless, Corey made way more process than I would have made.  Clap for 'em.






My Omelet - Egg whites, tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, spinach, and cheddar.  And I still worked out after brunch!



Snackie Cakes  (I just call them that cuz Eric Cartman's my homie)

Shout to that man, Cartman.


Service:  Refreshing.  We sat at the bar, but bartender Dave was probably the most personable bar dude I've ever met.  Like, I would roll with him to holler at girls.  He knew everything on the menu and made me feel like a culinary genius when I chose random nonsensical ingredients to put in my food.  He was our best friend afterwards.  If you go to eatery, you might just want to sit at the bar and shoot the breeze with Dave.  Not mention, there are tons of beautiful ladies (all boo'd up) to admire from afar.


Our brunch experience can be best summarized by the pic below:


Take No Prisoners.
Rating: A+


Maven out!

No comments:

Post a Comment